Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Reviews
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

VectorOptics Sentinel-X Scope

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiTR6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: VectorOptics Sentinel-X Scope
    Posted: 01 May 2024 at 7:44pm
I recently purchased one of these scopes from Alan at Optics NZ (springerfan on this forum) to fit to my FX Dreamline that I use for target shooting.  This was after some earlier poor results with a good quality smaller scope that actually turned out to be caused by faulty assembly of the barrel at the factory.  This was recently sorted out for me under warranty by Ron Young (great guy), and the results from our practice shoot today (below) are as good as I could have hoped for.

The scope is of course made in China, has 10-40 magnification with a 50mm objective lens and AO side focus adjustment which works down to less than 10m.  It's fitted on a set of Sports Match adjustable mounts which are themselves quite impressive.  The turrets have quite fine 1/8 MOA adjustments and I've removed the o-rings to get a very definitive click from them.  It comes standard with VectorOptic's own mounts, but they are the Picattiny style and the Dreamline has dovetail rails so I also invested in my first set of fancy (read - expensive) mounts.

So far I'm pretty damned impressed with it, so much so that I've since bought another one for my Duke Il (Evanix) Hunting Master AR6 which I'm upgrading specifically for target shooting.  The reticle is SFP, but nice and fine with regular graduations and a very sharp image.  The optics are crisp and clear  (probably not quite as good as the high end stuff but good enough for me) and the AO graduations are spot on.  It's quite large as you can see, but it's for target work, not for hunting.  I've since fitted a 100mm alloy adjuster wheel, also from VectorOptics, but this time via Ali Express.

At $440.10 delivered (discounted price to forum members) with a 5-year warranty, I think it's pretty hard to beat for this type of application on a PCP.  I'm not sure I'd risk it on a springer.

https://opticsnz.shop/products/copy-of-element-helix-6-24x50-sfp-apr-1c-mrad-rifle-scope

Targets shown are the four best from practice this morning together with Mercs and several others at the Taranaki Air Gun Club in Eltham.

50 metres, 80mm diagram, 6mm bull, virtually no wind, 5 shot groups.
Bench rest using front stand and rear shooting bag.
FX Dreamline, medium power setting, JSB .22 x 18gr pellets

Best group - 7mm

FX Wildcat MK111 BT Sniper .25
Walther Reign M2 .22
Evanix AR6 .22
FX Dreamline Classic .22
Cometa Fenix 400 .177
Weihrauch HW50 .177
Air Chief Junior .177 ($100 Challenge)
RangerPete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2024 at 11:08pm
That’s nice groups at 50m πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘ŒπŸ»
Walk quietly, but carry a big stick.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2024 at 12:36am
Nice shooting πŸ‘πŸ‘
Declan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Declan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2024 at 11:59am
I too have this scope but fitted to my sub 12ftlb springer. I’ve found it to be a fantastic scope that retains its zero and has stood up well to being used on my springer. Cheers. Declan.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic