Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Flub's General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

So i got a email today

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: So i got a email today
    Posted: 02 Oct 2019 at 9:17pm
thought i would share this email with all our Auckland members here.

Hi fellow shooters,

My name is Craig Lord, I’m running for Auckland Mayor, and I need your help to make that happen. My goal is to make Auckland Council a public service again, to be there to focus on the core services, the necessities over the niceties, and putting community groups first. There are a lot of fights going on across the entire city, groups being bullied by Council, losing their facilities, and losing their pastimes. I’m against that and want to change the script. I’m fighting with many groups trying to save Western Springs, Mt Wellington Karting, Dome Valley, Titirangi, and Chamberlain Park just to name a few - and as a fellow shooter, I know you are next.
I’ve been a shooter since before I could hold a rifle myself. My Dad would take the weight of the .22 so I could knock the cans off the log. I went on my first hunting trip when I was 10, and my brother and I still hunt today. We all know that shooting is becoming evil in the eyes of many and the way things are going, you’ll be lucky if there is anywhere left for us to enjoy our sport - either at a club or in the bush. I refuse to let that happen if I am Auckland’s Mayor.

The fight is a lot easier from the inside and shooters have rights and need someone to stand up for them. So please, don’t be apathetic, don’t sit back and do nothing.

Give me your vote. Tick Craig Lord for Auckland Mayor and be part of a united voice - because I will be a voice for you. There is no such thing as a wasted vote, just a wasted opportunity.

Thank you.

Regards

Craig Lord

2nd place HP springer - WFTF World Championships 2014

Edz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 9:17pm
Hey Nunga,just checked this guy out on Facebook,sounds good.worth a vote.
Ed.
dvlnme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 9:36am
seems the worms are coming out of the woodwork eh!just another politition throwing his hat in the ring touting for votes,realistically the mayor of auckland wont change anything for gun owners in real terms,but at lest his come out of the closet eh!,that maynot go down well with the majority of aucklands mainly lefty voters,but hes the first to state his position on this issuse,so guess full credit for that.
 the real truth is this mob and nz police are going to push these bs gun laws thru no matter what,they wont back down now evan if the courts say the laws are illegal,they will change the law to conteract any legal challenges,bout time everyone realised this,the only way to truely defeat this is to simplily not comply,what realistically can government or police do if the majority of licence holders dont comply??fact is not a lot,are they realistically raid 250000 licence holders homes??doubt that very much !!are they going to be able to actually prosecute in court 13500 E cat licence holders??of course not!!why do you think they are using all the threats and bullying tactics in the media??they know very well they are not going to get full complance or any where near it,the facts are they are absolutly relying on licence holders just rolling over and giving in to them,they dont have a plan if that dosnt happen,the canadian government tryed same thing,but had give up coz lack of compliance,and changed to what are exactly our old gun laws instead and got compliance from the majority of canadian gun owners,coz these laws made sense,the same can happen here if the majority dont comply either,the talk of court cases agaist these laws is just a pointless waste time and money,coz gunowners will never win in courts.
 truth is if large numbers dont comply and they bring the full weight of the laws down on those who dont comply,they will have open the prison gates and let all the real crims out and back on the streets and thats not going to happen as politically it wont make the streets saffer eh!!
 changing the government at next election wont change anything either,coz the nats backed this lot anyway when the laws first came up,to believe otherwise is to totally delude yourself.
 anyone who believes the online gun register will work only has look at the hacks and leaks in the governments online sites today,facts are nothing online is safe and secure,and an online gun register will be no different,gun owners may as well post all their details on face book right now and get it over with,then just wait for the burglerlys and home invasions to happen,as surely will,so why wait til our disfunctionl police doso,coz they will definatly phuck it up big time right from the start.
 cheers mike
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic