Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Target Shooting and Clubs > Target Shooting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hades in a Gamo CFR .22

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hades in a Gamo CFR .22
    Posted: 22 Jun 2023 at 9:04pm
Hi Folks,

A while ago I tried a few different pellets in my CFR under lever.
Tried the H&N variety pack and the baracuda hunter grouped well, but you can’t buy them in the shops… 😡
(Why put them in a test pack if you can’t buy them???) I ended up using baracuda hunter extreams with ok groups of 20mm at 25m. Not great but ok for hunting.

This afternoon I tested the JSB Hades against the hunter extreams, and I found out that my Gamo CFR quite likes the Hades 15.89gr in .22.
Shooting at 25m, I shot a sighter, then an 8 shot group. It seemed to settle after 3 shots, and the last 6 shots were a one hole group with a ctc of 7mm…. Hummm.
It’s not a TX200, but I’ll take that any day thanks 😉

Walk quietly, but carry a big stick.
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2023 at 9:23pm
Woooooo that's a great result. Pays to check alot of pellets to find the right one.

Edited by Billbobnz - 22 Jun 2023 at 9:24pm
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2023 at 10:46pm
Thaat's good. In my experience with springers it pays to fire a few shots to kinda warm it up, so to speak.

The H&N pellets are a harder lead, and it also pays to clean or shoot a few shots if you change pellets to kinda re lead to suit.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2023 at 2:18pm
I'm curious at the OK for hunting remark. As Opposed to what? Target shooting. Surely not, you wouldn't wasn't a hunting rifle of less prrsion than a target rifle?
RangerPete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2023 at 11:46pm
U lost me in translation there Kruza…
I want every one of my rifles to be as accurate as possible.
If it can’t produce a tight group it’s not worth a thing.
What constitutes a tight group (in my opinion) varies from rifle to rifle, depending on what my intended use is for that particular rifle.
A 10cm group at 15m was acceptable for my old work rifle.
But that was a .458 Lott charge stopper, shot freehand with open sights, 3 shots in 8 seconds.
I have different expectations for a pcp, and different expectations for a springer.
For a rabbit hunting rifle the bare minimum acceptable group for me would be the bottle top test. Of course if it can stack pellet on pellet that’s awesome, but not every one has a rifle that can.
And that’s why we keep testing, always trying to improve.
J-S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2023 at 1:10pm
The hades are an expanding version of the JSB Exacts, which are a very good pellet for most rifles.
Id be interested to see the grouping of JSB exacts as a comparison
J S Airguns
Air Arms TX200('s)
Theoben Sirocco
HW77
FWB 300s
Webley Patriot
One or two others...

Current projects:
Too many..
RangerPete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2023 at 6:53pm
Hi J-S,
I’ve been trying to get hold of some JSB exacts in .22 for a while, but neither guncity or H&f carry them.
Have made an enquire with my local sports store and if they can’t source some I’ll have to buy on line.
Once I have some I’ll definatly post a pic of how they went in the CFR, and compare to the hades.

Also been trying to get my head around the naming of the JSB Exacts… there seems to be 3 versions in .177, and the same 3 versions in .22.
If I understand it correctly the “exact express” is the light weight version, the “exact” is the middle weight version, and the “exact heavy” is the heavy version.
I think the same applies to the .22 sizes, they just add the word “jumbo” to show it is a .22…???
I haven’t gotten to the .25, kings, and all the rest, still trying to understand the .177 and .22’s. 😂
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2023 at 8:21pm
Would have thought airgunsnz or youngs would have stocked them.
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2023 at 11:06pm
And of course the Air Arms are basically the same pellet.
J-S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2023 at 10:31am
Originally posted by RangerPete RangerPete wrote:

Hi J-S,
I’ve been trying to get hold of some JSB exacts in .22 for a while, but neither guncity or H&f carry them.
Have made an enquire with my local sports store and if they can’t source some I’ll have to buy on line.
Once I have some I’ll definatly post a pic of how they went in the CFR, and compare to the hades.

Also been trying to get my head around the naming of the JSB Exacts… there seems to be 3 versions in .177, and the same 3 versions in .22.
If I understand it correctly the “exact express” is the light weight version, the “exact” is the middle weight version, and the “exact heavy” is the heavy version.
I think the same applies to the .22 sizes, they just add the word “jumbo” to show it is a .22…???
I haven’t gotten to the .25, kings, and all the rest, still trying to understand the .177 and .22’s. 😂

JSB, Cometa, Air Arms are all made by JSB so technically the same pellet. Along with FX and a couple of other brands too. Try for the Cometa ones at Airgunsnz.co.nz

In .177 they have JSB exact (mid / "standard" weight), Exact Heavy (good for 18fpe rifles we have here), Exact Express (lighter weight good for UK sub 12 fpe), then Exact RS which is lighter again.

J S Airguns
Air Arms TX200('s)
Theoben Sirocco
HW77
FWB 300s
Webley Patriot
One or two others...

Current projects:
Too many..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic