Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Target Shooting and Clubs > Target Shooting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hades in a Gamo CFR .22

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2023 at 3:18pm
Ooh… never heard of the exact RS, I’ll have to look them up, but just out of curiosity, I don’t think the extra light is the way to go for this CFR (or me, I tend to lean more towards the heavier for caliber side).

Is the “exact monster re-designed” the extra heavy version?
Walk quietly, but carry a big stick.
J-S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2023 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by RangerPete RangerPete wrote:

Ooh… never heard of the exact RS, I’ll have to look them up, but just out of curiosity, I don’t think the extra light is the way to go for this CFR (or me, I tend to lean more towards the heavier for caliber side).

Is the “exact monster re-designed” the extra heavy version?

Oh yeah, theres those too.. Extra heavy. In .177, i'd go for the Exact Heavy in a NZ 'high power' rifle - usually 16-18 footpound. I used them in a .177 Cometa Fusion and it could group nearly as well as my TX200.
Anything over "heavy" id say is more designed for high power PCP, you will start to lose efficiency in spring / piston rifles
J S Airguns
Air Arms TX200('s)
Theoben Sirocco
HW77
FWB 300s
Webley Patriot
One or two others...

Current projects:
Too many..
RangerPete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2023 at 5:25pm
Just changed scopes on the CFR. Fitted a NS AirKing 4-12x40AO, because the Nikon didn’t have mil dots.
Re-zeroed it at home today, can only get 10m in the garden, but I’ve zeroed it 2mil dots low at 10m.
Will need to check it at 20 and 30, and maybe further if I can hold a tight enough group.
I know it’s only 10m, but those Hades 15.89gr are looking nice and tight so far…

RangerPete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2023 at 6:20pm
Finally got hold of some Jumbo Exact 15.89grainers in .22
The Exacts have worked for me all my rifles so I decided to test them against the Hades that the CFR is currently zeroed with. Can only shoot a max of 12.5m in my garden, but it gives a good idea of what the pellets are doing.

Had a 3 shot one hole group with the exacts, not bad 👍🏻 but also had a 3 shot one hole group with the hades 😂 so not sure if it’s worth changing and rezeroing.
Think I’ll just leave well enough alone and stick with the hades 🤔
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2023 at 8:35pm
Yep wait till you got a bit more space and let the longer range decide.
I found that AA heavy and exact were both really accurate in the sig but the just seed to preform that bit better at distance.
Having said that I brought a tin of exact which sits unopened as emergency back up.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic