Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Target Shooting and Clubs > Target Shooting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Target shooting

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jusepy82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Target shooting
    Posted: 27 Aug 2023 at 3:14pm
Smileoh happy daysSmile

Had a bit of time to kill and wanted to see how my new 362 performed with open sights at 10 yards with 10 pumps.
Using cometa exact jumbos 15.90 grains
Just emailed youngs about cost and avaibility of steel breech so i can put optics on her.

Any thoughts or criticism welcome

Edited by jusepy82 - 27 Aug 2023 at 3:47pm
As long as there is lead in the air...there is hope.
RangerPete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2023 at 4:39pm
Looking good.
My eyes can no longer do open sights. 10m is a long way over open sights these days 😂
Walk quietly, but carry a big stick.
jusepy82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jusepy82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2023 at 4:47pm
I dont think I could do more than 20m over open sights. My eyes went a bit blury a few times during this session.
mercs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mercs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2023 at 4:53pm
Thats time put to very good use, standard sights with several bulls is all I would need to be coming back for more. Nicely done looks as if using prone position which is well beyond me.

Ron has metal breeches currently on order so a few of us on the waiting list, they cannot be far away so get your order in. 

Overseas the 2250 comes as an XL version kitted out with a longer barrel and steel breech, not sure what they do for 362 models.
jusepy82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jusepy82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2023 at 4:59pm
Yeah this is from a prone position.
Oh really I hope he has ordered a few steel breeches. I was pretty stoked with the amount of bulls eyes I  hit , as the front sight actually covers the target and its almost guessing where the bull is..
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2023 at 7:58am
Good shooting with open sights. Have you tried the peep sight? (Flip the rear sight)

I found that quite good as it helped with vertical alignment too. Although I too have to deal with the blurr, I enjoyed using it.
jusepy82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jusepy82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2023 at 9:37am
Nah i found the peep sights weird haha , used to the normal sights but i may swap it back for a laugh and see if its any better. 
I really enjoyed shooting at this target and find myself looking at air rifles for sale again.
Wish I had never sold the cometa fusion .22 air rifle I had , man she was a tack driver.

J-S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote J-S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2023 at 10:05am
Looking good. I've never really tried open sights, but tried an old FWB 602 at the club the other night at 25 yards with its diopter sight.
It was blurry as buggery, but you could sort of line up the darker rings of the target and centralise it in the diopter. Below was 5 shots sitting position, as Pauly said give the peep a go - if you can get some alignment of the round peep and the round target you may surprise yourself!

J S Airguns
Air Arms TX200('s)
Theoben Sirocco
HW77
FWB 300s
Webley Patriot
One or two others...

Current projects:
Too many..
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2023 at 12:30pm
Oh the joys of getting older.
The back sight on the air chief we are mucking around with has two dots, my eye divides in to 4 dots when I sight through it. I just use the top two.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2023 at 11:28am
So got out this morning set a target up at 80m for 1322.
So: wind 10km - 15km for first 25m, then 6km past the macs and back to 10-15km last 12m. Measured with anemometer.
Pellet. Jsb hades 15.89gr unsorted.
7.44 fpe at muzzle.
10xpumps
Crossman 1322. 14 inch barrel.
GAMO 3-9 x 40 @ x7 zoom.
21 shots to hit circle. Wind wasn't steady so they moved a bit shot to shot.
Couldn't hold range finder and camera steady enough to get pic while on target so ranged and then took photo of range finder distance before it turned off.
Couldn't get pic through scope to show how little could actually see with any detail, but got one to show how bare retical is.
Red arrow where bulls is on target.
Orange the target.
Blue approx point of aim.
Apart from the the one that hit the bull circle which has wood behind it, all others punched through cardboard.
Circle diameter 30mm inner, 60mm outer.
Pellet 22mm off center.
When wind dies off ill try to refine that and see how group.

All said and done apart from walking 160m everytime I hit target to check target be about 3km all up, a whole heap of fun.
Oh rested front of gun on bag (filled with maze)
Target is approx 4-5m lower that table height.

Edited by kruzaroad - 16 Nov 2023 at 11:38am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic