Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New in ChCh

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2024 at 9:47pm
Welcome along.

If your looking at using it for eventually hunting with I would be saving up for a better gun than the air chiefs and umarex, I have had a few umarex guns but eventually sold them off as I couldnt control the groupings. That said the later umarex guns may be better.

Guncity often have second hand guns so pay to pop in and see what they have.
Declan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Declan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2024 at 7:37pm
Welcome to the Forum. If it were me I wouldn’t dismiss buying one of the youth model Gamo for plinking.
If you were looking to spend quite a bit more money, then perhaps consider a Weihrauch HW30S . Cheers. Declan.
Sorry, I should have added - I’d be a bit cautious about plinking outdoors at home, unless that is you live in an isolated area.

Edited by Declan - 24 Feb 2024 at 8:13pm
jpreou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpreou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2024 at 4:56pm
Well, kind of new. Used to shoot rabbits back in the UK some 35 years ago.
Just looking at getting a rifle / scope initially for backyard plinking with the little fella (12 in a few months), and then maybe we go out hunting a little later if we are any good at groupings!
Just researching and seeing what the state of play is. Way back I had a BSA Airsporter with an 'Ox' square mainspring (which was over the legal limit for the UK at the time, but...), and a Webley (? I think) pistol specific model I can't remember.
I'm picking up that Gamo should be probably avoided, but still looking into others like Air Chiref and Umarex and others that I see on the GunCity website.
Cheers

--
Jeff
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic