Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Reviews
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Diana 56TH. Scoped.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Diana 56TH. Scoped.
    Posted: 24 Mar 2024 at 7:50pm
This is going to be a review of my "new to me" Diana 56TH.

She is a 2015 model, chambered in .22cal.
The TH does not actually stand for thumbhole, even though she has a lovely, very comfortable thumbhole stock. It actually stands for Target Hunter.
I'm not sure if that means its good for hunting targets, or that it can be used for hunting and target work...?

My 54 has the T01 trigger (its 28 years old). My 56 has the T06 trigger.
I'll post a pic of the two of them side by side.
The 56 has the same sliding action that the 54 has, and I believe the internals are exactly the same.
The differences are all external.
The 54 comes with a traditional sporter style stock, the 56 has a thumbhole, with a beautiful "Diana" lazer cut into the wood under the stock right about where the ballance point is and where you would want to rest it on a sand bag.
The 54 has open sights and an 11mm dovetail rail, the 56 has no open sights, just an 11mm dovetail rail.
The 56 has a what looks like a sliencer on the end of the barrel, but I'm told it is not a silencer, it is a "tuenable" weight that just looks big and fancy like a silencer.
They are both built like tanks and weigh a ton!

I had a bit of time so I mounted a gamo recoli reducing rail, more just to give a bit of height to the scope than anything else, but hey you never know. Put on a 3-9 Nikon scope and zeored her at 30m using JSB exact 15.89gr pellets.
I wanted to mount a nice Hawke 8-34, but the Hawke is too long and covers the loading port, so I had to find a shorter scope. I'll see how this one goes, but might change it in the future.

Zeored at 30m I took her out for quick hunt the other afternoon, and she shoots nicely Smile
Need to spend come more time with her, do some pellet testing and chrono work.
Looking forward to getting to know her better!

Edited by RangerPete - 24 Mar 2024 at 7:59pm
Walk quietly, but carry a big stick.
RangerPete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2024 at 7:54pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2024 at 7:56pm
Oh, and I've named her. 
I believe all good things should have names, so as the biggest, prettiest and most prestigious of all the Dianas, I've named her Lady Di. 
Myson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Myson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2024 at 5:53am
Love your choice of air rifles Pete!!! Great guns! Smile

What are your group sizes at 30yds or so? Have you already identified the best pellet for your barrel? What Muzzle Velocity do you have?

Although they are heavy, a good fence-post rest or similar, cancels that problem eh?

Thanks for the info...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq7jVyBfFqE
Air Arms S510 US .22
Air Arms S410 .22
Weihrauch HW97KT .177
Weihrauch HW95 .177
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2024 at 8:41pm
You will probably want to hunt me down and give me a wacking.... But I've always wanted to turn one of those into a bullpup!!

Now I better run.... Haha

Flipping nice guns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 5:23pm
Myson… hopefully next week I’ll get to spend some time with her, and a chronograph.
But just to get her shooting I went stright to my go to pellet, JSB exact, which in .22cal weighs 15.89gr.
She seems to like it 😂. Further testing to follow.

Billbob… luckily I have a soft spot for bullpups, but it would be such a pity to waste that gorgeous thumbhole stock!
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 5:26pm
Yes 100% I have been waiting for a Chinese BAM copy to come up down here that I can use
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 6:20pm
Lovely looking guns. I did try a 56 th a few years ago, but didn't gel with it, and owned a BAM copy, which I liked, but I just preferred my 97K, and sold it.

Ultimately I probably didn't spend enough time with them. And one must spend time with ones springer for the best of results.
jwabfrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwabfrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2024 at 8:45am
I had a 56TH and it had PCP like accuracy, very heavy but very cool!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2024 at 11:03am
@ Jwabfrog... look familiar? Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic