Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Target Shooting and Clubs > Target Shooting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My new (old) little .177 bullpup.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2023 at 9:57pm
A thing of beauty!
jwabfrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwabfrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2023 at 9:11am
Very nice, who built the stock?
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2023 at 4:14pm
That is an awesome looking gun
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2023 at 5:51pm
The stock was built by a very clever guy up north. He is an engineer and made all the metal work which includes scope rail/ airtube clamps and trigger linkage.
Stock was originally made to convert a Marauder rifle into a bullpup for a while, but later adapted slightly to accomodate this AA S510.
RangerPete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2023 at 10:37am
Jawbfrog, I bought it from Paul, so as he says above… 👍🏻
I took her out yesterdaay afternoon for her first pesting mission.
Got 2 pigeons and about 7 mynas 👍🏻
I’m in need of a good scope for her. There were two auctions on trwdeme that I had been watching which closed yesterday afternoon, but I was so busy having fun I completely forgot to put in my last minute bids…
Was so cross with my self 😡😡😡
Walk quietly, but carry a big stick.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2023 at 4:28pm
So I’ve named my little S510. I’ve called her Elly.
I needed to get some super high rings which have taken a while to get, but eventually I got them.
I’ve just fitted a 6-24x50 FFP scope, on the super high QD rings, might be a bit of an overkill, but it’s a nice scope and I’m happy with it.
Now all I need is somewhere to go shoot where I can zero the scope. It sucks living in the middle of town and not being able to shoot in my back yard.

Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2023 at 9:56pm
Looks like she's in good hands.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2023 at 11:45pm
Managed to zero the scope today after work.
I’m really chuffed with this group 👍🏻
I think I get some bragging rites 😂
7 shot group at 25m with JSB exact 8.44gr
CTC 6mm

Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2023 at 7:46am
I wouldn't expect anything less. That gun used to make me giggle at some shots it produced. It'll be interesting to see your groups at longer distances when you get a chance.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2023 at 9:48pm
Took Elly out for her first bit of rabbit control tonight.

Was a cold night, but not raining, so I went for a walk around a new permission.
With a thermal scope on Elly I set off with my shooting sticks, head light, double layers of tracksuit pants and Stoney ridge fleeces and a spare little mag in my back pocket.

I should have put the whole tin of JSB exacts into my back pocket because I ran out of ammo half way round my lap of the paddocks 😡.
I could easily have taken twice as many rabbits if I had more pellets with me.
I lost count somewhere around 10, but I think the final number of bunnies left sleeping in the darkness was around 14.

Not bad for just over an hours work/walk.
Definatly need to plan a few more visits back to this new permission.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
  Share Topic